Thursday 23 April 2015

On My Bookshelf ..




Now I won't admit to being a big reader, I'm rather fussy when It comes to books and apart from the entire harry potter series I have to say I don't find myself in the  "lost in the pages, struggling to put down" situation very often. Thats just not me. When I come to choosing a book shamefully I tend to be  the one drawn In by fancy covers on the shelves, then I'm two pages in and already bored and flicking through netflix, I know I'm terrible.  Having said all that I do have a very small  tiny library of books I have managed to get to the end of.  Everybody's reading tastes are different but I do have a few I can personally recommend to you so I thought I would share them with you today.

GRACE A memoir - Grace Coddington

So before reading this book all I knew of Grace Coddington was the fiery red head and creative director of american vogue. But throughout the book Grace takes you on the journey of her life from small town welsh girl, to one of the very first super models, to starting at vogue. Her witty style shines through in the writing, as you travel into her life, learning as she did what the fashion industry is all about. Its one of my favourites, truly indulging with some early photos of vogue shoots! A journey of graces life and fashion its self. Highly recommend, every girl should read it.

The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald

One that I had to read at school but that I instantly fell in love with, Gatsby is probably my fave novel next to Harry potter of course! Fitzgerald's writing style is so true to the 20s, descriptive and lavish, you instantly dive into the luxury of the Jaz age exploring life for the characters, who's personalities stick with you forever. This undisputed classic is top of my recommendation list! Not to mention Baz Lurman's film representation is amazing!


The Book Thief - Markus Zusak

This book is true writing elegance, a novel that fully immerses you in the characters lives from a god like view point.  Zusak's style is truly unique! Though it takes some getting used too as the entire book is  narrated by death ( I know its a strange one) I really enjoyed reading this one and thats not something you would hear me say often!

Looking for Alaska - John Green

Lastly one I read last summer, Looking for Alaska is a complete whirlwind of life and death and a book that I would recommend to any teenager! I'm not including any spoilers so you will have to read it yourself but its 100% my fave John Green novel!


Hannah xo



No comments:

Post a Comment