Thursday 20 August 2015

Healthy Smoothie Recipes!



Anyone who knows me will tell you I'm certainly not a "clean eater" (I am addicted to cookies! Real life Cookie Monster right here!) But I do try my best to throw the occasional healthy treat into the mix. A really quick and easy way for me to do this is to make a smoothie! so I have compiled three of my favourite recipes that I think you might like!


Mango and Banana breakfast smoothie (The yellow one ^)

-half a cup of frozen mango 
-1 banana (chopped) 
-1 cup of almond milk 
-a squeeze of lime 
-1tbsp of natural yogurt 
-tbsp of oats 

This one is my go to for a healthy breakfast. Super yummy and a great source of slow release energy with the banana and oats. (Top tip: the lime juice brings out the flavour of the mango!) 



Strawberry Flax immune boosting smoothie ( The red one ^)

-1cup of frozen strawberries 
- 1cup of water 
-2tbsp of flax seed 
- 1/4 tsp of matcha powder 
- a squeeze of orange 

This is a really nice fresh summer drink! It's also high in vitamin C (strawberries) and anti oxidants (matcha, flax seed).


Chia blueberry protein smoothie (The Purple one ^) 

-1 cup of blueberries 
-1 Tbsp of soaked chia seeds 
-1 1/2 cups of almond milk 
-1/2 scoop of protein powder 


This one is great for a healthy source of protein, so any of you gym bunny's this is the one for you! plus you can add flavour through your favourite protein powder.


 I hope you enjoy these recipes, comment below your favourite!

xo
Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment